Do your students struggle with identifying evidence to use in their text-based writing responses? Prepare your students for their end-of-the-year writing assessments with this exercise-themed active center activity.
Quick to set up!
- Copy the point (claim) statement slips on green and blue printer paper.
- Copy the evidence cards on thick paper.
- Cut apart
- Laminate (OPTIONAL)
Then you are done it is very LOW PREP!
This writing practice activity is especially good for your kinesthetic learners and students who are approaching burnout on test prep.
Add liveliness and fun to your writing lessons today!
How to play this text based writing center:
- Students tape 1 point (claim) statement slip of each color on their feet or put them on the floor just in front of their toes.
- Students take turns reading aloud the evidence cards.
- Players touch the toe with the point (claim) statement that the evidence read supports.
- If the evidence read does not support either point the players do a squat.
- The correct answer is written on the evidence card so students can play independently!
It couldn’t be easier!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions MaryCarr@CarrberryCreations.com